Super Home Ideas

Home improvement tips and articles that will help you with your next project.


Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Painting Tips

This past week I painted a garage and it was a rush job. I was told to pay more attention to the schedule than the quality. In keeping with this idea I found that I saved a great deal of time by not taping up the many windows that this garage had while I painted.

There were 9 doors total, each door of the garage had 8 windows each, making a total of 72 windows. Instead of taping over each window before I painted, I used a very wide putty knife/scraper and held it flush to the windows while I painted the trim around them.

This was not the optimal painting set up, but it did cut down on my prep time before painting. I would guess that I saved about 2 hours total by not taping all the windows up before I painted. I managed to keep the majority of the paint off of the windows with only a few drops here and there getting on the windows.

For the ones that did get a little paint on them, I simply took a wet rag and wiped the paint off of them before the paint had a change to dry.

So if you find yourself needing to paint and paint quickly around windows, where time is more of a factor, you may want to try this quick and easy painting tip.

Be sure to visit our primary website at www.superhomeideas.com for many more articles and tips.

As always, let us know if you have any suggestions/comments/feedback on how to improve our site, or if there are any particular subjects that you would like to see articles on.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home