Super Home Ideas

Home improvement tips and articles that will help you with your next project.


Friday, June 30, 2006

Top 10 Home Improvement Tools

I like David Letterman and his top 10 lists, so I thought I would write one from time to time on home improvement topics.

Today's top 10 list: top 10 tools you need for home improvement

(I'm sure I will leave something out and that many of you will disagree with my list...but here it goes anyway)

10-Hand Auger (aka snake)....these things are great and cheap. You can snake out any drain in your house by just turning the handle on this. They usually cost about $8 and can save you ton vs. calling a plumber.

9-A good shovel....yes, some shovels are better than others. I'm talking about a strong shovel with a reasonably sharp blade so that you can dig when and where you need to.

8-An extra long extension cord...........no explanation needed.

7-A FULL set of screwdrivers.........different sizes, both standard and phillips head.

6-A good, stable ladder.

5-Hacksaw with a new blade....nothing is worse than trying to cut something metal with a hacksaw that has a dull blade.

4-Books/manuals/ resources.....like www.superhomeideas.com :) can help you understand the steps to take in your project and how others have tackled a similar project in the past.

3-Extra time...now I know what you are saying, "that isn't a tool". Well, maybe you are right, but when tackling a project of any type, having the luxury of taking extra time to do it right is invaluable. Rushing through a project and working on a tight deadline leads to frustration, mistakes, and cutting corners. If you have an "optional" project that you are doing set aside plenty of time to do it.

2-Drop light and/or flashlight......

drumroll.................................

1- A friend/family member/loving pet to help you.
a second set of hands, a second set of eyes, a second set of brains is invaluable when doing any project.

There you have it, my list of top 10 tools.

P.S. I changed the comments posting settings to where you have to be a member of this blog to post comments................I was getting many spam type comments promoting unrelated sites, thus the change.....I do welcome your comments though.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home